Sixth Post- 21 June 2024

 I have officially submitted my reviewed and copy edited article. I am still getting prepared for my second assignment, but I feel that I am ready for whatever that may be. Last week my post was submitted late, which was an oversight on my part, but I am back on schedule and I will try to be much more punctual in the future. I submitted my mid-term evaluation to Dr. Lester, and the publishing of this blog post will mark my halfway point through the Florida Historical Review internship.

As I approach the second semester of the summer, I feel that I have a gotten a more firm grasp on what the internship entails, and my goal is to increase my productivity as I move forward. I also plan to begin work on my final project presentation. I will also be taking another class next semester, as I did this semester, so I should be in a similar situation to how I am now and have been for the first half of the summer. I do not mind this, since the first semester I found my situation to be manageable. I have found these later semesters of college to be very fulfilling, since I am able to study and engage with subjects that I have a true and profound interest in. I find myself beginning to be able to visualize what having a career in such a field would be like, and I could definitely see myself pursuing a career in such work, if I end up being so lucky as to be able to do so.

I have already noticed my time management skills improving over time as I have settled into the flow of having a regular work schedule. I have always been nervous about what it will be like to exit the world of academia and wholly enter the professional world, so this has been a great opportunity to allow me to begin to ease into that process instead of just being thrust into it as I might have been without having been accepted into this internship, so I am very grateful for having been given this opportunity.

So far, this has been an exciting, fulfilling and interesting opportunity for me in every way. I thoroughly enjoyed the first half and I cannot wait to see what the next semester has in store for me. I hope that I am able to contribute in all the ways I want to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post- 17 May 2024

Second Post- 24 May 2024

Fifth Post- 17 June 2024